Sunday, November 23, 2014

Famous Last Words..Jim Deaton

From Friend, Jim Deaton

It might be one of those you-had-to-be-there moments but your email reminded me of it. I'd stopped to get gas just off US 23 outside Prestonsburg and there was an older couple poring over a map. They asked for directions; I gave them and the lady said, with a very proper, upper-class British accent, "Oh dear. We're in Martin." But I was never sure whether she meant it like "Oh, sweetheart, we're in Martin" or "Oh no! We're in Martin."

I've always been interested in "famous last words" quotes. These are two I really like:

Mexican Revolutionary Pancho Villa...“Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something.”

Karl Marx... “Go on, get out. Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough.”

Jim

james_deaton@bellsouth.net

http://blue-mud.net

No comments:

Post a Comment